UAE Tax Residency
Become a tax resident in Dubai, UAE! Unlike many countries in the world which do not easily allow foreign nationals to obtain a status of a resident, the UAE has a set of requirements which can be met relatively straightforwardly.
There are following ways for an individual to become a UAE resident:
- Employment in the UAE, or
- Purchase of real estate (one or several properties) in the UAE with a combined value of AED 750,000 (USD 204,200) or more, or
- Formation of a local/free zone company with a resident status and obtention of a resident visa in the UAE.
The latter requirement can be easily met and also combined with your business goals, if you are looking either to expand your existing business or to start a new company.
The majority of UAE free economic zones offer entrepreneurs the opportunity to set up a resident company and become a UAE resident. Once you become a UAE resident, you’ll only need to visit the country once or twice a year depending on your visa status to keep your resident visa active. A Tax Domicile Certificate can be obtained to confirm the tax resident status.
Information about the main UAE free zones can be found here.
Would you like to find a free zone ideally suited for your preferred activity and goals? Do get in touch with one of our professional consultants and receive a free consultation and full support.
UAE Resident Company
The cost of formation of a free zone company in Ajman Media City Free Zone with resident status and eligibility for visas starts from just US$4780, but its advantages are immeasurable:
- 100% foreign ownership
- No annual audit
- Eligibility for resident visas
- Tax resident status for the company and its shareholders
- Swift incorporation process (1 working day)
- Minimum of documents required for company formation
There are 4 general packages (Basic, Bronze, Silver and Gold) that can be additionally customised. Full details of the packages are available here.