Company Formation in Switzerland
Switzerland is traditionally one of the steadiest and most successful market economies in the world. Having a remarkably high standard of living, the country also enjoys the image of a politically stable and thriving jurisdiction with the most favourable tax regime in Europe. “Swiss made” is much more than just a label of origin. It is a symbol of outstanding quality and reliability.
By establishing a company in Switzerland, you are building up a solid reputation for your business while benefitting from countless advantages of this prestigious financial centre. Last year, over 43,000 new companies were incorporated in this country with a population of just 8 million people. This number speaks for itself.
Main facts about company registration in Switzerland
- 100% foreign ownership & full asset protection.
- Lowest corporate tax rates in Europe.
- Double taxation treaties with over 80 countries.
- Up to 2 weeks are required to register a company in Switzerland.
- Most popular company types among foreign entrepreneurs are the public limited company (AG or SA) and the limited liability company (GmbH or SARL/SGL).
- Bookkeeping is mandatory for all legal forms of Swiss entities. Annual audit is only required for public limited companies and limited liability companies in the following cases: 1) if company employs more than 10 people, 2) if its total balance sheet is over CHF 20 m and its turnover surpasses CHF 40 m, both in two consecutive fiscal years.
- At least one of the directors of any Swiss company must be a Swiss resident. In case of Swiss public limited companies (AG/SA), the majority of directors must be residents of Switzerland.